Saturday, March 12, 2016

ShoppyRL day 8: "Game over, boys! No, wait, career over..."

So, I wasn't able to complete ShoppyRL this week. I already knew it on day 2 - I just had too much going on, and I was also fed up with trying out different UI frameworks. The Windows console was too slow after all (seriously Microsoft, how hard it is to make a freaking CONSOLE?!) and I tried WPF but I don't know enough about it to make anything happen in the "proper" way without what felt like gigabytes of repetitive view-model code. I could have hacked together a "fake" WPF app, or switched over to WinForms in which that sort of coding style is actually considered acceptable, but at that point I didn't really care anymore; I didn't have time for any more messing around, so I gave up. Sorry folks! Maybe I'll pick this up again someday, but I kind of doubt it... I don't even think I want to be a programmer anymore! Well, I could do it if I didn't have to write user interfaces, but good luck finding a job or open-source project like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment